Sunday, May 31, 2009

Achievement~~~

What is achievement??? What does the word ‘achievement’ implies? Achievement is a thing that is brought about or accomplished by effort, skill, or courage (quoted from Oxford Dictionary). For me, achievement is a satisfying feeling that brings me through the walks of life. Without this feeling, I doubt that I will make it this far.


From a child to an adult, each and everyone needs achievements to survive in this world. An infant will laugh happily when he started his first meaningful word out from the mouth and when he makes his first step independently. A kid will proudly shows his report book to his parents when he achieve good grades in the exam. A teenager will show-off his medals to his friends when he got champion in a badminton tournament. A working adult will share his promotion at work with his family and friends.


In these 25 years, I truly appreciate what I have achieved thus far. I’m very excited when I got my 1st ladies champion trophy in chess competition. From there, my interest in chess built up and it brings me further on and on. Talking about this, I will have to thank my dad for introducing the game of chess to me. I remember I have no interest at all in chess when my dad first taught me. It was his determination and encouragement that makes my interest grows. We will spend time on analyzing the games played in previous tournaments; we even practice almost every night before the tournaments. By achieving more and more trophies and “popularity”, the satisfaction feeling makes me want to achieve even more. This is the drive that cultivates the talents in oneself which may not be discovered until then.


For me, achievement is a very important element in life. Without achievements, I can never imagine how life would be. Most probably life would be dull, no satisfaction, it would be just a straight line. I can’t live without it!


1 comment:

  1. girl, sorry for din keep in touch with ur blog -__-
    agree lor. we need a goal in life. with the acheivements that u got, u'll feel satisfy with ur life. congrates to u for being a good player in chess. u're really an active type of girl!
    all the best in achieving ur goals!!

    ReplyDelete